Sunday 28 June 2015

Replacing Negativity with Positivity


All Japanese homes have a genkan 玄関, it is basically an entrance hall, where you take of your shoes. It is in the house or apartment, but feels neither inside or outside. Many peoples genkan are very beautiful, but others are basically a mess! Recently mine had started to be like the latter. It was very cluttered. It gave me a bad feeling both when leaving and returning home. I think the entrance to your home is a very spiritual place. It has a effect on how you feel when you leave, that can stay with you all day. It is also the first part of your home, to welcome you home. So I decided to make my genkan a little more spiritual. I have a large shoe box in the genkan, so on top of this I put an orange cloth. I placed my Benzaiten and Ebisu figures on it, with a candle and some stones. I printed a picture of cherry blossom I took in Hiroshima, with kansya 感謝 gratitude written on it. I put it in a green frame and added it to what was becoming a special altar. I then printed a pentacle with futatsu kanpeki na kotoba ga aru written with it ( for any Wiccans reading this, I will give you a clue, kanpeki means perfect). I placed this in a purple frame and this finished off my altar. My genkan now has a really positive feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment