Tuesday 29 July 2014

The Queen of Pentacles in Full Bloom



I love the imagery of the Tarot and have been reading the cards for others for more years than I would like to remember. But I rarely read them for myself, but often in nature, art or music I get the feeling of a card, I believe at that time that card has a message for me. That happened for
me today. 
 
In an earlier post "Some Flowers like it Hot" I found some purple pentagram shaped flowers. I took a picture of three of them; they gave me a strong feeling of the Three of Pentacles. I did not know the name of the flower at the time of posting, but my good friend Amy informed me that they were 桔梗 Kikyou.  They seem to have a deep symbolic  meaning and a magical meaning here in Japan. When I have studied it more and have a deeper understanding, I will right a post about that symbolism.
 
I have a long term goal of creating a photographic working Tarot deck for myself.  I envisage using flowers for the numbered Pentacle cards. So today I went to see, photograph and be inspired by the Kikyou at my local temple.  I had a really relaxing and spiritual time at the temple and captured a lot of good images. Just as I was about to leave I noticed one lone white flower; a white Kikyou. I do not know if these are rare, but among hundreds of purple ones here, this was the only white one I saw. I do not know why, but it gave me a strong impression of the Queen of Pentacles. A little white message for me among the purple flowers. I feel blessed.
 
Blessed Be
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment