Tuesday 22 July 2014

魔法のサラダ: Magick Salad



I am not a vegetarian, but I do love fresh vegetables and always try to use them in my cooking.  Recently I have been very lucky, because my good friend Naomi often brings me fresh vegetables from her family farm. The difference in taste these have compared to shop bought vegetables is amazing. They are so full of flavor and so fresh, they are absolutely wonderful. As I said I am not a vegetarian, I love meat. But today I did not want to eat meat for lunch, so I made a salad from mizuna (Japanese leaf), Japanese cucumber, tomato and yogurt. Seasoned with a little black pepper. It was so delicious and filled me with energy and a feeling of well being. It is so easy to buy convenience food these days. But how convenient is it really, just a little effort to prepare you own food with good ingredients, healthily feeds your body, mind and spirit. This little salad was full of magick.


My style chili with lots of vegetables and a little meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment