Monday 12 January 2015

Predators Along the River

This cat is obviously a house cat, but you can see it loves coming
down to the river to hunt.  But I think
 it is a little too fat, the sparrows easily got away.

Today is a holiday in Japan, but coming so soon after the New Year I didn't have a specific plan to do something. So as I often do on such occasions, I grabbed my camera and headed for the river to hunt down some images.

In the winter flocks of these white birds (I think they are teal) come up river to Kyoto.


The river is both beautiful and relaxing. But as any natural place is, it is murderous and bloody too. There are many predators along the riverbank.

Of the birds in Kyoto, the kites are top of the food chain.  While I was taking these pictures, I had ten circling above me, I must say it was a little intimidating.


But that is part of nature and it is balanced. But the predatory actions of humanity are out of balance.  If we cannot preserve the beauty of this world, we will be lost.  For me, the most important thing about being a Wiccan is treating nature with care and understanding that humanity is part of nature, not above it.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment