Saturday 3 January 2015

Magickal Snow Poems

 
 We have been lucky over the last few days, to have had two snow falls. Snow seems very magickal here in Kyoto, it can be fairly heavy and deep, but melts away in a few hours. But while it is here it is so beautiful. The first image was caught on the evening of New Years Day. But the other two were caught between 5.30am and 6.30am on the 3rd of January.  I have tried to write two poems for this magickal snow.
 



The Queen of Winter wears white
Not the pinks and vibrant greens of spring
Not the yellows or mature oranges of summer
Or the reds and wise browns of Autumn
But within the white is the prophecy of all those colours to come
 


花がない
葉っぱ亡くなったね
雪に咲く
 
Hana ga nai
Happa nakunatta ne
Yuki ni saku
 
There are no flowers
The leaves have died
The snow blooms


















1 comment:

  1. I love the Japanese hiku... I personally am trying to learn the Japanese language through watching my favorite type of programming (anime). I also loved the fact that you translated it so that way I can learn to read it too. I'd love to learn how to write kanji, but I know that's going to take some time. I also would like to thank you for the wonderful poetry and pictures that you shared. They are quite beautiful

    ReplyDelete