Monday 27 October 2014

Crescent Moon over Kyoto



 
 
Today when I put my camera bag over my shoulder I had no plans to take pictures of the moon. I was planning to use the fading light to take images of the Autumn leaves along the river.  But first I was side tracked by seeing the local primary school were having races along the river, so this gave me a great opportunity to get some good pictures. I then noticed the herons, I have had a lot of luck taking their pictures in the past, but today's low light pictures just gave me a lot to think about for future shoots.
 
 
So by this time the light was too low for the foliage. But then I noticed the crescent moon high in the sky. This year I have been able to get some good full moon shots, but waxing and waning moons are much more difficult to shoot. But I had my trusty tripod with me, so I had a go. Taking pictures of any natural thing has a spiritual meaning for me, but the spiritual feeling when taking images of the moon is more intense.  I am fairly pleased with these images. I hope you like them.



1 comment:

  1. Again, you have captured some gorgeous photos!! I love how the clouds in the sky make them look like a dragon! Just wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete