Thursday 4 September 2014

Haiku Inspired by Benzaiten, The Goddess of Flow

 


Sanpo michi
Mirai shiranai
Kisetsu dake
 
Walking road
Future unknown
Only the season
 
 
 
Aki Kiita
Natsu no tomo ni
Ai ni iku
 
I heard Autumn
Summer's friends
Go to meet
 
 
Shizen no iro
Midori owatte
Aka ni naru
 
Nature's colour
Green ends
Becomes red
 
 
Fune ga nai
kokoro wa tonde
Saa Matou
 
No boat
The heart flies
Well, wait
 
 
The final picture was taken looking across Lake Biwa from the beautiful island of Chikubushima, an island dedicated to the goddess Benzaiten. She is a goddess of flow, through her I am aligning with the element of water, these poems are a dedication to her.
 
 
The other pictures were taken at Bunka Zone, a beautiful park land with an excellent art gallery at it's centre. Through my friend Naomi I recently learnt about the works of one of the founding fathers of manga, Osamu Tezuka . She told me about an exhibition of his works and I was lucky enough to go on the last day.  Naomi had taught me about his work "Buddha", at the exhibition I found some of these pictures both moving and inspiring. On leaving I was inspired to take photos and after editing them at home, some of the images inspired me to write these haiku. Finally the flow took me back to Naomi, who helped me brush my Japanese. Arigatou Naomi.
 
 
 
Water, Water, Heaven's Daughter, Teach me the Lesson of Flowing.
 
The Incredible String Band 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment