Sunday 6 April 2014

The secret world of Geiko and Maiko (Geisha)


At the time of writing this I am about a week shy of living in Japan for 15 years. For most of that time I have lived and worked in the beautiful and historical city of Kyoto. I have been lucky enough to see Geiko (Geisha) and Maiko (apprentice Geisha) many times. I do not understand their world well, it is a secret world, so I will not write a lot about them. But they are fascinating and mysterious, so many people do make stories about them. There have been novels written and spectacular movies made about them. But I believe those books and films are misinformed and make money from lies. From what I have seen of Geiko and Maiko, they seem to live colourful and musical lives.  I will probably never set foot into their world, but I empathise with them, as Wiccans we live our lives brightly and musically, but are often misunderstood by others.







 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment