Wednesday 30 April 2014

Feisty Japanese Candles



A few days ago my wonderful friend Naomi gave me two red traditional Japanese candles. But she promptly warned me to be careful, because they burn much more strongly than western candles. I decided to use one to represent the element of fire in my May Eve/Beltane ritual.  Before the ritual I took some pictures of the alter and you can see how tall the flame of the Japanese candle is compared to my usual candles. What you cannot see is how the strength of the flame is constantly changing. 

But what it did during the ritual itself was amazing. Firstly it calmed down, it was still burning more strongly with a longer flame than the other two candles on the altar, but not to such a large degree. Towards the end of the ritual I spontaneously decided to meditate on the candle. Immediately the flame became strong again and then split into two flames, one on each side of it's thick wick.  The two flames started to dance with each other and looked to my eyes like a man and woman dancing together.  For me as a Wiccan this was the Goddess and God represented in fire. It was stunningly beautiful and I am very grateful for such a wonderful spiritual experience.

Obviously these feisty little candles are going to have a permanent spot on my Wiccan altar.

Bright Blessings

 

No comments:

Post a Comment