Saturday 19 December 2015

The return of a treasure



Probably the most personally important book I have had about Wicca is Scott Cunningham's "Wicca, a Guide for the Solitary Practitioner".  It was by no means the first book I read, but it was the one that encouraged me to take the jump from having a interest in Wicca to becoming a Wiccan. "A Ritual of Gestures" from the book was my first Wiccan ritual; a simple, but beautiful ritual. As with all my treasured books, tarot decks and such like, this book was left behind in England when I moved to Japan in 1999. But it has always been in my heart. 

Recently I was checking Amazon and I came across a Japanese edition. This year for the first time it has been published in Japanese. So I ordered a copy and also an English copy. So now I am the owner of two versions. The Japanese version arrived a week or so ago, but the English one arrived today. It is fantastic to have such a wonderful old friend back. In this book, the first Wiccan festival to be written about is Yule, so the timing is perfect.  Although it is a basic book and I first read it over 25 years ago, it still holds so much knowledge and encouragement. A beautiful book.



3 comments:

  1. What does it say on the picture, below the Pentacle?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Josh It says in Japanese "There are two perfect words"

    ReplyDelete
  3. O okay. Thanks. I was wondering.

    ReplyDelete