Sunday 15 June 2014

The Magick of Cycling along the River


For this post I have been inspired by my friend Naomi's blog, she sees the magick in everything, especially simple ordinary things. I usually plan my posts: I decide what kinds of images I need; I go out and photograph them; I edit them at home and write the text. But today I had no plan; I knew the story would tell itself, I had belief that I would be taken on a mini adventure.  I put my camera and lens in my bag and jumped on my trusty Green Dragon (cunningly disguised as a red bicycle) and off I went.



Before I knew it I was riding north along the river.  Every mindful of seasonal fashions, she has long cast off her spring pinks and now is wearing an abundance of yellow flowers.


I was often enticed to stop and look at the beautiful creatures living along the riverbank.


Like humans, if you observe birds you can see the patterns in their movements, but of course they have the magick to fly. But when they do, I just jump on my Green Dragon and off I fly.


Butterfly movements on the other hand are amazingly difficult to predict! So are really tricky to photograph,  but that is also one of their great charms.



The Kamo river is a musical place, lots of misicians and would be musicians practice along it's banks.


This trumpet player is practicing under Gojo bridge, less than a minute from my flat.


If you should be crossing this bridge on a moon lite night and hear a guitar softly (or otherwise) being strummed, maybe the moon and the river have worked their magick on me.

There be dragons, Green dragons.

Naomi's Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment